Employment Opportunities – two (2) Job Positions
This year, Sydenham Street United Church and The Spire are receiving federal funding to assist in the hiring of two young people to accomplish very useful and interesting projects. In both cases, preference will be given to BIPOC or LGBTQ2+ applicants.
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Key details for each position:
- Term of 16 weeks – continuous period, ending by February 26, 2022
- 35 hours per week, at $17.57 per hour
1. External Community Engager
Build relationships with other community organizations currently addressing local needs that could benefit from engaging with The Spire, especially those representing marginalized people.
- Review, and utilize, information developed by previous summer studies on the position of The Spire in the Kingston community.
- Engage with other community contacts to discern how to form connections with the BIPOC and other underserved members of the community.
- Recommend how to evolve to a more diverse service organization, and create lasting relationships.
- Develop a community narrative on how older buildings (like churches) and their organizations can transition to be new service providers, with a new range of contributions.
Skills: Communications, networking; self-starter, outgoing, creative writer; trained in equitable practices
2. Business Innovation and Operations Facilitator
In concert with the Business Management Group and the Board of Friends of The Spire, renew the business model for The Spire, recognizing the changing realities of this past year.
- Reassess opportunities for increased usage of the facilities of The Spire, factoring the emerging realities and societal needs of recent years.
- Update the marketing plan for The Spire, based on learnings from the pandemic experience.
- Formalize the separation of the financial operations of The Spire from those of the church.
- Evaluate options, recommend and implement systems and online tools to facilitate business tracking, reporting and communications processes among staff and leadership
Skills: Project management, business accounting; administration; communications; organization of not-for-profits
Interested? Get further information or send application at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated 2021 05 13